- 2020 Results - 3 Mile
- 2020 Results - 6 mile
- Date: October 30th, 2021
- Covid rules: Leaving the 2020 rules up for now, hopefully will be able to relax these by October. Face coverings will be required at all times while on school property. Coverings may be removed only by participants once in the designated start area. Race start will be in waves that allow for recommended distancing within start area.
- Description: The Six in the Stix trail race and our new option, the Short Stix, in the Newport town forest encompasses everything that makes running in the woods such a great sport. The race starts and finishes next to the football field of the Newport High School. Once in the woods you will be treated to either 6 or 3 miles of classic NH trails (i.e rocky, rooty, and hilly!) Proceeds to benefit the Richards Elementray PTO and Team Pinnacle.
- Course Map: Course Map
- Start / Finish Location: Newport High School, 250 North Main Street (i.e. NH Route 10), Newport, NH.
- Start Time: 10:00 am
- Distance: 6 miles or 3 miles
- Age Groups (full course): M & F - under 12, 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Age Groups (short course): M & F, all ages
- Awards: Pure NH maple syrup to top 3 in each age group
- Race Contact:
- Dogs: Well behaved dogs are allowed at the venue, but will not be allowed on the course during the event.
- Race Day:
- 8:30 - 9:45 am
- Cost $20 (20+), $15 (15-19), Free (under 15)
- Pre Registration (online only):
- Accepted thru Oct 30th, 2021
- Cost $15.00 (20+), $10 (15-19), Free (under 15)
- From North:
- Take Interstate 89 south to exit 13. Follow Rt 10 south into Newport. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your left just before you get into the center of town.
- From South & East:
- Take Interstate 89 north to Exit 9. Follow Rt103 west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 North. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- Alternately take Interstate 89 north to Exit 12. Make left onto Rt 11 and follow that west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- From South & West:
- Take Interstate 91 in Vermont north to Exit 7. Take Rt 11 east through Charlestown & Claremont to Newport. Make left onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.