- 2018 Results
- Saturday June 8, 2019
- Description: The Six in the Stix trail race in the Newport, NH town forest encompasses everything that makes running in the woods such a great sport. The race starts at the football field of the Newport High School. After a trip around the field to spread things out a bit you enter the woods and the climbing begins. The first mile or so is fairly wide and smooth with varying pitches, then the real fun begins. The wide trails turn narrow as you enter the Ledge trail and the rocks and roots take over the trail. Next bang a left and you will be greeted by the steepest trail of the race, Big Rock. Good chance your run will turn to a walk and your hands will be on the ground as you scramble up this short but nasty trail. With Big Rock conquered and two miles complete, the switchbacks of Whip N' Spur await your burning quads. Following "Whip" is a gradual double track climb to the Pinnacle overview, the highest point of the race. The next couple miles are a flowing roller coaster of sweet single track trails known as O'Neil Trail, Watkins Way, and Grenville's Eastside. Now it is time to go down, and oh man do we go down with style. The Eastside-Snake Alley-South Boundary decent has become legendary and is sure to leave you smiling. With the descent comlete it is time to get out of the woods, head across the field and to the finish line. Proceeds to benefit Richards School PTO.
- Start / Finish Location: Newport High School, 250 North Main Street (i.e. NH Route 10), Newport, NH.
- Start Time: 9:00 am
- Distance: 6 miles or so trail run
- Age Groups: M & F - under 12, 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Awards: Pure NH maple syrup to top 3 in each age group
- Race Contact:
- Dogs: Well behaved dogs are allowed at the venue, but will not be allowed on the course during the event.
- Race Day:
- 7:30 - 8:45 am
- Cost $20.00 adults, 15-19 $15, under 12 and 12-14 free!
- Pre Registration (online only):
- Accepted thru June 6, 2019
- Cost $15.00 (20+), $10 (15-19), Free (under 15)
- From North:
- Take Interstate 89 south to exit 13. Follow Rt 10 south into Newport. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your left just before you get into the center of town.
- From South & East:
- Take Interstate 89 north to Exit 9. Follow Rt103 west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 North. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- Alternately take Interstate 89 north to Exit 12. Make left onto Rt 11 and follow that west into Newport. Make right onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
- From South & West:
- Take Interstate 91 in Vermont north to Exit 7. Take Rt 11 east through Charlestown & Claremont to Newport. Make left onto Rt 10 north. The High School & Recreation Complex will be on your right less than a mile from the center of town.
Claremont Savings Bank-Goodrich Oil-Valley Regional Hospital
Bistro Nouveau - Decamp Trucking - Sugar River Bank
Comman Man - Home Depot - Hannaford - United Construction