HURRICANE HILL 5K/10K SAT. July 20, 2019
- Series: 10K is the qualifier for the series runners.
- Date: Saturday July 20, 2019- 9:00 AM Race Start
- Description: Hurricane Hill Trail Run takes place in Hartford, VT.
- Start/Finish: Register at Upper Valley Aquatic Center, Arboretum Lane
- Start Time: Trail Run Start 9:00 AM
- Distance: 5K/10K Trail Run. Walkers are welcome on the 5K.
- Awards: Lots of great raffle prizes that all racers are eligible for.
- Race Contact: Scott Hausler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a course 5K map using Garmin
- Here is a course 10K map using Garmin
We are not in New Hampshire but we are very close neighbors. The Hartford Parks & Recreation Department and the Friends of Hartford Track are more than thrilled to have the Hurricane Hill 5K/10K Trail Run as part of the WNHTRS! The 10K is the qualifying race for series runners.
Located in the Hartford Town Forest and the Hartford Conservation Area, both courses start on a relatively flat logging road but you soon encounter 2 short but steep climbs that'll have you questioning your sanity for doing this! No worries, because the rest of the course will be a breeze in comparison! The 5K is mostly downhill from this point. The 10k is more of a rolling course and includes 585 feet of elevation change with a downhill slope for most of the final 1.4 miles. There is a perfect mix of logging roads, wide packed trails, and single tracks.
Parking and registration is located at the Upper Valley Aquatic Center, 100 Arboretum Lane, White River Junction, VT 05001. The race start is located about .75 miles (mostly uphill!) from the registration area. A bus will be available to transport runners to the starting line.
Free race t-shirts available to all runners/walkers PRE-REGISTERED by July 14th. Limited supply available for end of race raffle.